Friday, June 24, 2011

Sweet Sweet Sleep

I just finished a pair of flannel pajama pants. You know, so I can wear them during the frigid 70 degree summer nights...

The pattern was actually a pattern for scrubs because I like my pjs with pockets so I can keep my agenda* in there.

The print is a bit busy, so you can't really see, but there are normal pockets AND cargo pockets near the knees.

I left the legs fairly long since they're just for lounging around the house anyways and I prefer them to cover my feet.

I did make a size too large so I had to take it in on both the front and back center seams. It worked surprisingly well. I started by taking it in about an inch at the waist on those seams then gradually came back to the original 5/8 inch seam near the curve of the crotch. Normally, I would take it in on the left and right sides, but I went and got all fancy with the seams there so they wouldn't be rubbing my legs and it would have been awful to have to take those out.


The left photo is the pocket and side seam, the right shows what the seam looks like on the inside of the leg.

I thought these were called French Pressed seams, but when I looked that up the seams they were making were slightly different.

You might have noticed my helpers in the photos... I can't do anything without some extra aid anymore.


Sorry about the sideways photos, the uploader is doing something strange to them and I can't figure out how to remedy it. I've rotated the photos in Paint Shop but for some reason they're rotated back to the original format when I upload them. I'll try to fix it on a different computer.

Cheers,
Red


How I did it:
Simplicity 4378
Flannel fabric

 
*This is in reference to a Dimitri Martin stand up comedy act. The specific one of which I cannot find on YouTube... but the point being:
I got some new pajamas with pockets in ‘em. Which is great, because before that, I used to have to hold stuff when I slept. But now I’m like, ‘Where’s my planner? There it is. “Keep sleeping.” All right, perfect.’

No comments:

Post a Comment