Friday, June 24, 2011

Let's Go to the Beach, Baby

I also finished a toddler outfit today. This isn't 100% finished actually, but since I don't have a toddler with an upper thigh and waist I can measure, it's done*.

The outfit includes a diper cover, a little sun hat, and a sundress with adjustable straps.

The front of the sundress.


Back of the sundress and the hat

The straps cross across the back and have button holes for a hidden button located on the inside of the dress. I worked really hard to match the pattern along the bottom of the skirt on the back seam. I would say I did pretty excellently :D 

Again, I apologize for the sideways photos, I don't know why this is happening...

Cheers,
Red


How I did it:
McCall's Pattern M4424 in XL

*The diaper cover requires elastic in the waist and legs but the pattern tells you to measure the child and add an inch to the measurements. So, short of completely making an arbitrary guess, I can't do that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment