Friday, October 5, 2012

Art Show Submission

So I entered a painting to a local art show a while ago. It was for all of North West Michigan and they only accepted 40 artists. So... I didn't make the cut. Which is sad.

But that's okay... I'll just have to keep entering other shows!

First let's show off some in-progress shots!


Fun fact, you can't use permanent marker (sharpies specifically) underneath acrylic paint. I knew you couldn't use it on TOP because there's some paint thinner in the ink that causes the tip/nib to get all clogged up and weird. But the acrylic won't paint OVER it either. So that's good to know for future reference.


I had quite a bit of trouble getting all of the Sharpie covered up. I ended up having to cover alot more with black paint rather than the white I planned on.

And here's the final product!!


But actually, it turned out really nicely! I'm actually pretty glad that I had to do the black instead of white background.

I still have to finish the sides of the canvas and get some hangers or whatever to put the painting up on the wall.

Cheers!
Red

No comments:

Post a Comment